Saturday, April 14, 2018

IF ONLY


28              IF Only

If only they could see? If only they could understand?

Is this not like GOD as HE looks down on HIS creation from the time of man’s fall until the present?

I see this great question. If only???

Jesus and HIS earthly ministry. We see HIM and HIS dealings with Israel. At this one particular event and there be others of course, but this one sticks out… Jesus says…

Luke 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!    KJV

This would define the ministry of Jesus. HIS ever loving, reaching arms to embrace HIS people. However, only to watch and see HIS creation turn away from HIM. Unfortunately, this often is in most people today.

Thus, we see reason for HIS church, because it’s HIS church HE has empowered to complete HIS work in the earth. HIS love and compassion, is not only accessible, HIS love is still available…

Two words to me fully captures what I believe to be what GOD has always intended to be… These two words, “IF ONLY???” This seems to be revealed in that Jesus is giving HIS life for…

I’M HERE TO BE WHAT YOU NEED… IF ONLY???

I AM HERE SO YOU CAN HAVE A WAY OUT… IF ONLY???

I AM HERE AS YOUR MEANS OF RESCUE… IF ONLY???

I AM YOUR ESCAPE… IF ONLY???

I don’t mean to over simplify, but is it really difficult to understand? Our creator wants relationship, and fellowship and most of humanity reject and deny HIM of HIS desire… Yet, JESUS is seen beckoning and saying… IF ONLY???

Jesus said, I sent you the prophets and you killed them… I sent you John the Baptist and again you have rejected him… I have come to the lost sheep and again I have been rejected…

·        Matt 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil

19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.     KJV

There was an excuse then and there is the excuse today. And again, I hear Jesus say, IF ONLY???  

Jesus just prior to these two verses in verse fifteen, Jesus said, “he that hath ears let him hear.” I can’t help but see Christ’s heart here saying, IF ONLY???

In the Luke 14… Jesus gives a parable that speaks again of the house of Israel and Christ’s invitation…

Luke 14:16 Then said he unto him, A certain man made a great supper, and bade many:

17 And sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, Come; for all things are now ready.

18 And they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.

19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them: I pray thee have me excused.

20 And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

21 So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.

22 And the servant said, Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.

23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.     KJV

Jesus’ desire was to Israel

·        They (Israel) were all bidden.

·        The house was made ready.

·        The food was on the table.

·        The invitations given.

Except they all had their excuse for not coming. Can you hear as I hear? IF ONLY???

Verses 21 says then he sent for the poor, the maimed, the halt and the blind. This represents the (Gentile) people. We that were broken, those who were of the highways and the hedges. Us, except it is now our excuses that separate us from HIM.

Verse 22 says, (THERE IS ROOM…) Verse 23 says, (THAT MY HOUSE MAY BE FILLED…) This is telling us there is yet room. His house is yet to be filled.  

The heart of GOD is seen here… IF ONLY???

IF ONLY???

If only they would??? Not if they could…

If only they committed??? If only they knew my love for them??? IF ONLY???

I HEAR THIS, AND I SEE THIS THROUGHOUT THE SCRIPTURES IN GOD’S LOVE FOR HIS CREATION… That age old question. IF ONLY???

HIS longsuffering, HIS mercy, HIS grace, HIS love seen; and yet answered in the question. IF ONLY???

 

No comments:

Post a Comment